Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mr. Reese R.I.P. 4-15-2009

broken Heart

In all of my life I've never had to deal with a hurt like this. I remember not too long ago thinking to myself, "wow I've never really had to experience a major death in my life". I mean I've lost friends that I knew in middle school, a friend from high school but never have I had to deal with losing someone who is or feels like family... until today. And I don't know what to do, what to say... i'm really just lost right now. Mr. Reese, was one of the first people I met when I moved to Philadelphia and his grandson was in the same grade I was. Before I knew it Brock was a brother to me and our families were one, thus Mr. Reese was a grandfather to me as well. I could not begin to put in words what it meant to me just to have a male role model in my life at that point in time and I feel so hurt and cheated to not have expressed to him exactly what he did for me inadvertently. Our perhaps he knew what he was doing, his heart was huge it showed with every word he spoke and every action and gesture. As close as I am to my grandfather it still has no comparison to the bond I saw between Mr. Reese and his family, honestly he was like the male version of Big Mama. No he didn't throw together a massive Sunday dinner on a regular basis but he was the glue the undeniable family glue that brought everyone together regardless of any discrepancy. Sir you will truly be missed by so many and words can not express the void i feel left in my heart right now. All the words of wisdom, all of the encouragement you offered, all of the conversations we held when i visited home and it was just me and you in the house and i was sitting at the foot of your bed... much like i'm sitting at the edge of mine now... its just not fair

No comments:

Post a Comment