Tuesday, April 14, 2009

She Too Cool...

The Cool

Do you really feel so deserving of a compliment that you no longer know how to properly receive one? I mean an earnest compliment, not the "Damn bae"... "Ooo shit look at that"... "Thick shawty redbone" that are masked as compliments but an unadulterated "You look nice"... "You have a nice smile" ... "You have a nice body" compliment. It is this question I charge to many a woman that I've encountered and by phrasing them as women I already hear the female contingency emphatically proclaiming, "Well if she cannot receive a compliment, then she is no woman!". I find this excuse amusing, merely because when men discuss trite qualities they encounter in women this is all we are left with. She's just not a woman... It is almost as if in order to be a "real" woman you cannot possess one subfuscous quality or you are still merely a girl. This may be true in a collective sense but unfortunately the reality of the matter is that there are fully grown woman who simply are void of certain qualities, attributes, mannerisms, etc etc... The one in discussion being that some have no clue how to receive a compliment and do not feel the need to adequately acknowledge a compliment. Ahhh I already hear the scoffs, moans, groans, and the teeth... yes the teeth *grin* however I ask any woman to make it a point to not look upon this too objectively, rather accept this as a plausible reality for men. For the truth of the matter is that women are praised and upheld as the more unsullied of the genders, with that comes the pressures of men to uplift her, glorify her, and cherish her. I have no qualms with this for we should cherish, glorify, and uplift one another... unfortunately this is a onesided ideology and with it comes much sense of entitlement. Thus we have the "diva" persona that some persons take extremely too far... "Yes I'm fly, I know already" ... "I know I'm gonna get complimented" ... "Wtf, how could he not want me"... Ok ok yes these are extremas but unfortunately they occur regularly and it is these women, and those in the near lower echelons, that I find myself fed up with and disgusted by. Furthermore I want many other women to come to the realization that you too have your moments. We all do that's fine, we are human, us as men are in ailment for similar behaviors, we too should assess ourselves. I only write and point this out in hopes that it evokes self reflection... I only write about women because you are my experience... I only write in hopes of change (Get ya Barack on!!! Hahaha).

No comments:

Post a Comment